AUDITIONING MUSICAL PERFORMERS FOR THEATRE CHARLOTTE GALA EVENT
Theatre Charlotte is seeking 6-8 male and female performers to participate in several musical and dance performances during our formal fundraising gala event on Saturday May 5, 2018.
Auditions will be held in Theatre Charlotte lobby (501 Queens Road.) on Saturday January 27 from 1:30 to 4:30 pm.
To reserve an audition time, email Jenn Grabenstetter at email@example.com.
All ages (16+) and backgrounds are invited and encouraged to audition.
Level of commitment:
- Learning music on your own with pianist recordings.
- Attend approx. 10 in-person vocal and choreography rehearsals to be scheduled across Feb, March, and April.
- Attend a tech and final dress rehearsal the week of the event (April 30-May 4)
- Call time two hours prior to start of gala, staying through the end of the event.
- Resume and headshot (if you have one)
- Prepare to sing at least one of the songs from the list below.
- “Love is an Open Door” — Disney’s Frozen
- “Opening Up” — Waitress
- “Something’s Coming” — West Side Story
- “Morning Glow” — Pippen
- “We Can Do It” — The Producers
- “It’s Today” — Mame
- “Give us Your Money” — Avenue Q
- Some additional sight singing from other selections may be requested.
A TIME TO KILL
Auditions for A Time To Kill will be held January 28 and 29, 2018 at 7 p.m. Callbacks will be January 30, 2018 at 7 p.m.
Seeking 10 males, 3 females. (1 African American male 30s; 1 African American females 30s; 9 white males, ranging from mid 20s to late 60s; 2 white females, ranging from mid 20s to mid 40s.)
Anyone interested in performing on stage at Theatre Charlotte is welcome to audition. For musicals, generally you will be required to prepare a song and bring the sheet music to the audition and come dressed to move. For non-musicals you will most likely be asked to read scenes from the script. Perusal copies of scripts are often available for those interested in auditioning. Rehearsals are usually held Sunday through Thursday evenings. Theatre Charlotte is committed to diversity on our stage and in our audience. We strongly encourage actors of color to audition.