Davidson Community Players announces open auditions for its winter production of Judith Guest’s Ordinary People, dramatized by Nancy Gilsenan. Auditions will be held Thursday, January 8th from 7-9pm and Sunday, January 11th from 2-4pm. The auditions will be held both days at The Warehouse Performing Arts Center at 9216 Westmoreland Road in Cornelius. Auditionees only need to come one night, but should plan to arrive at the start of the audition and stay for the entire session. Actors at all levels of experience are encouraged to attend. Please bring a resume or a list of your contact information and your theatre experience, a recent photo and a list of all of your conflicts. Rehearsals will begin in January. No prior acting experience is required and novice actors are encouraged to audition. The production will run February 26-March 15 at Armour Street Theatre in Davidson.
Ordinary People speaks to the essence of a young man, his friends and family, their relationships and survival. Conrad, with his successful, well-intentioned father, and his beautiful, organized, and remote mother, is in terrible jeopardy, as is Conrad himself. They are all “ordinary people” and each is fighting a hard battle to understand and survive the tragedy of the death of a family member.
- Conrad Jarrett: Young actor who is able to play late teens (ages 17-20).
- Cal Jarrett: Conrad’s father (ages 40+).
- Beth Jarrett: Conrad’s Mother (ages 40+).
- Joe Lazenby: Conrad’s best friend. Young actor who is able to play late teens (ages 17-20).
- Stillman: Boy on Conrad’s swim team. Young actor who is able to play late teens (ages 17-20).
- Jeannine Pratt: Conrad’s girlfriend. Young actor who is able to play late teens (ages 17-20).
- Karen Aldrich: Conrad’s friend from the hospital. Young actor who is able to play late teens (ages 16-19).
- Doctor Berger: Conrad’s psychiatrist. Male or Female ages 40+.
- Salan: Conrad’s swim coach ages 30+.
Perusal copies of the script are available in the DCP office. For additional information regarding auditions, please contact Debra Baron, Artistic Director at 704 892-7953 or email email@example.com.
Davidson Community Players is a non-profit organization established in 1965 to produce theatre that entertains, enriches and encourages community participation in the dramatic arts. Now celebrating its 50th season, DCP is a previous winner of the North Carolina Theatre Conference “Community Theatre of the Year” award. We are grateful for the support of 2015 Season Sponsors: The McIntosh Law Firm, Davidson Wealth Management, Randy Marion Cadillac and the Arts & Science Council.