The Office of Advancement is charged with increasing understanding and support among UNCSA’s key constituents including alumni and friends, members of the philanthropic and corporate community, and government policy makers. At this time, UNCSA is entering into an historic comprehensive campaign. This presents a fantastic opportunity for someone to expand upon the current annual giving program by broadening the reach of support for a school with a rich history of local community backing.
Research and Planning:
- Directly responsible for creating, developing and managing a portfolio of 100-125 prospects and donors;
- Develop a prospect research plan with the Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement to identify new prospects, reengage and renew lapsed major and planned gift donors;
- Reinvigorate UNCSA’s planned giving society (Encore) by developing updated policies and procedures and updating the communication materials;
- Research and collect data on major and planned gift prospects and current donors in order to more clearly understand interests, capacity and giving priorities;
- Utilize technology to increase information base and analysis on prospects/donors (including Wealth Engine and Raisers Edge as well as other available services);
- Maintains knowledge of current tax laws, investments and planned giving opportunities;
- Stays abreast of institutional and departmental priorities and programs.
- Establish appointments with prospects and donors;
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for prospects and, including working with volunteers; Assist Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement with creating metrics to meet fundraising goals;
- Serve as the lead for executing the planned giving program, staying abreast of current trends and topics and share this information with Advancement staff;
- Solicit and secure major and planned gifts, seeking assistance from leadership as appropriate;
- Create “moves management” plan that transports potential and current donors along the giving cycle;
- Identify best peer solicitors to assist with advancing prospects and current donors;
- Develop and maintain, in partnership with the Advancement team, a stewardship plan for major donors.
- Create monthly moves management reports on major gift prospects to share with Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement;
- Enter contact reports in Raiser’s Edge promptly (to be determined in consultation with supervisor);
- Ensure key players are up-to-date on new information regarding major donor contacts;
- Oversee all planned giving initiatives;
- Ensure that major donors are properly acknowledged by various key players in the solicitation process;
- Manage Encore Circle activities and communications.