The Justice Theater Project (JTP) is a Raleigh based, non-profit, professional theater that produces shows focusing on topics of social concern. These shows are surrounded with outreach, education and advocacy. JTP is a gold star arts group, receiving State Arts Resources funding. JTP’s mission is to produce compelling theater experiences that create community dialogue and give voice to social concerns. This work is accomplished with the guidance of a Board of Directors, Executive Producer, Administrative Manager, Community Engagement Consultant, Financial Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Education and Outreach Coordinator, and Youth Programs Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be highly organized and able to work independently while also collaborating with staff, board members, and volunteers. The Associate Executive Producer will create, facilitate, develop and execute multiple administrative programs simultaneously while coordinating multiple areas of JTP’s professional productions to ensure a product that inspires, entertains, educates and is inclusive. Interest in the arts, theater, arts education, and art management is required as well as strong writing skills, outreach and presentation experience, and the ability to commit to facilitating all programming needs, which includes some nights and weekends.
The Associate Executive Producer is a full-time permanent position and is a visible and important public “face of JTP” to donors, grantors, patrons, and community partners. This position will work closely with the board and staff to continue to refine the public’s understanding and awareness of the purpose, goals, and accomplishments of The Justice Theater Project. The Associate Executive Producer reports directly to the Executive Producer, Melissa Zeph.
- Create and manage communications with board, committees, staff, interns, patrons, donors and business partners
- Work with staff to complete day-to-day production, outreach, education and marketing duties
- Engage with Executive Producer and staff members in fundraising campaigns and programs
- Coordinate and develop grants, donor packages with Executive Producer and staff
- Develop and schedule electronic, print and social media
- Coordinate and compile production, patron and ticketing data, monitor results
- Work with JTP Financial and Administrative Managers on ticketing, rights, personnel, and event management
- Work with staff, board and committees to ensure productions, marketing, educational components, grants and various procedural duties are on schedule
- Coordinate intern projects
- Manage, coordinate and update volunteer opportunities and volunteers
- Represent JTP at internal and external events
- Adjust schedule as needed to support shows, functions and outreach
- Four year/Two year college degree with course emphasis in Marketing and Communications; theater arts background required
- 2 years paid experience in a similar position
- Experience managing social media across multiple platforms
- Excellent customer service skills adherence to the highest ethical standards
- Strong writing skills, public speaking, dedication to timely correspondence and deadlines
- Experience with Google docs, Word, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, iContact, Signupgenius. Square, Squarespace, and/or similar programs
- The capacity to embrace challenges and thrive in an environment where creative ideas, independent thinking, personal accountability, and close collegial relationships are appreciated.
- Full-time permanent position
- $24,000 annual salary
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible work schedule – work from home or from our office
Submit resume and one-page cover letter summarizing 3 experiences that prepare applicant for this position
Submit general work samples:
- One sample promotional e-blast or similar communication
- One writing sample
Associate Executive Director Position
The Justice Theater Project
8208 Brownleigh Drive
Raleigh, NC 27617
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Deadline: Applications process closes at 5:00 p.m. on January 20, 2018.