Properties Artisan, part time
PlayMakers Repertory Company (LORT D), Chapel Hill, North Carolina, seeks a highly motivated Properties Artisan for their 2017-2018 season. PRC produces a 7 show main stage season in the Paul Green Theatre, thrust stage, and a 3 show Second Stage series in the Kenan Theater, a flexible space, on the campus of the University of North Carolina. The Properties Artisan will have three – five years’ experience in carpentry, furniture building & modification, upholstery, crafts and metal work. The ability to work independently is a must. Candidate will also possess a willingness to work with university students. Prop shop consists of Properties Master, Prop Artisan, a student assistant & work study students. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a pick up truck required. Position will work with and train shop crew drawn from undergraduate students and complete other duties as directed by Properties Master.
Contract dates are 7/31/17 – 5/6/18; Start date negotiable. Apply on line at: http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/119007.
Questions; contact: Michael Rolleri, Production Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. Application deadline: 5/25/17.
Assistant Company Manager
PlayMakers is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Assistant Company Manager for the summer to assist in the coordination and management of housing, travel logistics and hospitality for guest artists and the resident performing company for PlayMakers Repertory. This position will temporarily support the General Management and Company Management offices over the summer, approximately May through August. The Assistant Company Manager position requires a proactive and service-oriented individual who is flexible to the unique needs of performing artists and a producing arts organization. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an arts-related field as well as the customer service industry or hospitality industry. Knowledge of functionality within arts administration is highly valued but not required for consideration. Candidates must understand that this position consists of administrative, office-based duties as well as hands-on physical tasks and one-on-one service interaction with guest artists. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Company Manager with Guest Artist logistics coordination including artist and company member travel, transportation, and housing within respective union rules and regulations. Assists in coordination of Summer Youth Conservatory staff travel itineraries; in conjunction with the Company Manager addresses and answers requests regarding travel and housing in a timely matter.
- When the Company Manager is unavailable, provides transportation services including airport pickups and local transportation.
- Serves as backup point-of-contact for artist hospitality; provides welcome services and area information.
- Receives and organizes artist receipts and reimbursements and processes those reimbursements under the guidance of PRC’s Company Manager
- Office management and facilities maintenance as relevant to company needs.
- Additional duties and tasks as assigned by the General Manager and/or Managing Director to support administration.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Two years’ experience in related fields of arts administration, customer service, or hospitality preferred.
Apply online at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/119162. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. Application deadline: 5/5/17