Children’s Theatre of Charlotte has a position open for a Customer Sales Associate. CTC is looking for individuals with proven customer service, sales, and strong computer skills. CTC’s Customer Sales and Service team is responsible for providing superior customer service as well as efficient processing of tickets using the Audience View Ticketing Software. Candidates must be available to work from 10am to 5:00 p.m., Monday & Thursdays; as well as Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays when we have performances in the McColl Family Theatre. (Times vary, but associates would report to work 1.5 hours prior to first curtain of the day and be able to leave approximately 30 minutes after the final McColl Performance of the day).
- Collect ticket orders for all events at CTC, Education Classes, ImaginOn, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library, and Rental Events. Process the orders, and record the desired marketing and mailing information. Orders are received over the phone, online, in person, and through the mail. Mail or will call tickets as appropriate.
- Understand and operate Audience View Ticketing Software to sell tickets, register class participants, make exchanges, and access and update customer information.
- Distribute will call tickets to customers at performance times.
- Assist the Customer Sales Manager in data entry, paperwork and procedures for accurate record-keeping and sales.
- Count and balance deposited checks, cash, and credit cards at the close of each day.
Customer Service and Sales Responsibilities:
- Handle customer complaints or refer them to appropriate personnel.
- Keep Audience Services Department updated on special patron needs, ticketing problems, number of seats sold for each performance. Be informed about local transportation routes to CTC.
- Be knowledgeable of all CTC production programs, CTC education programs, ImaginOn programs, and Rental events, and know who to direct patrons to for further details.
- Read and understand all information, newsletters and memos as provided by Customer Sales Manager.
- Recognize and cross-sell productions and activities offered by the Children’s Theatre of Charlotte and ImaginOn.
- Process class registration for all education programs. Provide customer service to the public as it relates to Enrichment and summer camp registrations.
Customer service and sales experience required. Strong computer skills needed. Ticketing or Registration experience preferred.
Application Procedures and Special Instructions:
Candidates should submit a CTC General Employment Application, Cover Letter, and Résumé.