Children’s Theatre of Charlotte seeks a Director of Marketing & Communications, a newly created position, to lead its audience engagement, marketing, communications and audience services efforts in the service of expanding and deepening the impact of its artistic and education programs, tell the story of that impact to the community it serves, and grow audiences and revenue in a rapidly expanding city.
This is a position for a marketing professional excited and inspired by bringing all the joys and learnings of professional live theater to young people and families and who will find satisfaction in the challenge of taking an organization to its next level. A successful candidate is someone who will thrive when he/she has the opportunity to experiment and collaborate with colleagues to create exceptional theatre experiences. While we are looking for an experienced hand that has proven he/she can achieve results, we are also looking for someone who has and can generate innovative ideas that seek impact beyond sales.
- Develop and execute effective and innovative integrated marketing, communications and audience engagement strategies to drive loyalty and expand audiences. Specific revenue responsibilities are for earned revenue related to artistic and education programs.
- Utilize data-driven industry best practices in areas such as pricing, analytics, targeted marketing, free and paid media and market research.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop marketing, sales and audience services staff to a high performance level (5 full time, 2 @ .75 FTE, 13 part time).
- Ensure the professional quality of programs is reflected in the branding of the company across the entire organization and on all platforms.
- Expand awareness of the value and impact of Children’s Theatre’s programs to key stakeholders in the locally and nationally through a variety of tactics including media relations and partnerships.
- Manage transition from general admission sections to reserved seating and a new CRM in the 2015-16 season.
- Contribute as a leader in a meaningful and collaborative manner throughout the organization.
- Create revenue and expense budgets and manage to meet or exceed revenue goals within approved expenses.
- Strong strategic, analytic and project management skills with proven track record of increasing revenue
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage staff
- Minimum 5 years marketing or sales experience, preferably in the performing arts. Understanding of integrated branding and communications efforts is also essential.
- Experience utilizing databases in targeted marketing efforts. Ticketing software experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of institutional marketing best practices
- Superior interpersonal, written and design evaluation skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, with higher level skills in Excel
- College degree desired or high school plus a minimum of 8 years of marketing experience.
Successful candidates will have strong strategy, coaching, leadership, and analytical skills. Proven budgeting, project management and collaboration skills are also essential. Personal qualities of collaboration, accountability, commitment to the work and curiosity are desired.
Compensation, Application Procedures and Start Date
Competitive salary for nonprofit theaters of comparable size. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, holiday and sick leave. Retirement plan available for employee contribution.
To apply, complete the General Employment Application, including a cover letter and resume, available here:http://www.ctcharlotte.org/about-us/jobs-internships/
Start date is expected to be between April 1 and July 1, 2015.
Questions about the position may be directed to Carena Spivey, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org